Best quotes on Sachin Tendulkar from Sportsman & Public Figures

Sachin-Tendulkar
Any sportsman worth his mettle will vouch that their biggest achievement on and off their sporting ground is the respect they command from their team-mates and opponents. If this respect could be measured in weight or numbers, Sachin Tendulkar would have another world record to his name. (Also Read: Why SACHIN called as GOD???)
As the champion cricketer bids adieu to the game he has worshipped all his life, we bring to you a compilation of quotes on the great man. These words said by his team-mates, opponents, former cricketers and other eminent public figures are a fine measure of the greatness of not only Tendulkar, the cricketer but also Sachin, the man. (Also Read: Tributes pour in for Tendulkar on Twitter)
Indian Cricketers
MS Dhoni: "He continues to give more than 100 per cent and his schoolboy-like enthusiasm for the game is something I envy and admire. For the team he is the best available coaching manual."
Virat Kohli after ICC World Cup 2011 win: “Sachin Tendulkar has carried the burden of the nation for 21 years. It is time we carried him on our shoulders."
Anil Kumble: “I am fortunate that I’ve to bowl at him only in the nets!”
Sourav Ganguly: "His biggest strength as a batsman is his adaptability. And that is something really, really amazing; something so special."
Rahul Dravid: "Playing in the same team as Sachin is a huge honour. His balance of mind, shrewd judgement, modesty and, above all, his technical brilliance make him my all-time hero... You can't get a more complete cricketer than Sachin."
Kapil Dev: "The way he has taken on the role of India's greatest sporting ambassador... He has, among other things, inspired a generation and more to play cricket."
Virender Sehwag: "Today if I'm a cricketer it is because of Sachin Tendulkar. Else, I would never have picked up a bat. He's the reason behind me playing cricket"
"In his life cricket comes first. When he is on tour he is thinking about nothing but cricket, and when he is not on tour he dedicates quality time to his family. That shows his dedication to the game and to his family. He has found the right balance."
Opponents and Former foreign cricketers
Sir Donald Bradman: "I saw him (Sachin) playing on television and was struck by his technique, so I asked my wife to come look at him. Now I never saw myself play, but I feel that this player is playing much the same as I used to play, and she looked at him on television and said yes, there is a similarity between the two...his compactness, technique, stroke production... it all seemed to gel"
Matthew Hayden: "I have seen God, he bats at no. 4 for India"
Hashim Amla: "Nothing bad can happen to us if we're on a plane in India with Sachin Tendulkar on it"
Andy Flower: "There are two kinds of batsmen in the world. One, Sachin Tendulkar. Two, all the others"
Brian Lara: "Sachin is a genius. I’m a mere mortal"
"The only batsman I would love to see by paying for the tickets and sitting in the stand just to watch him is none other than Sachin Tendulkar."
Mark Taylor: "We did not lose to a team called India, we lost to a man called Sachin (after the two famous innings in Sharjah in 1998)"
Dennis Lillee: "If I've to bowl to Sachin, I'll bowl with my helmet on. He hits the ball so hard"
Andrew Flintoff: "When you bowl at him you are not just trying to get him out, you are trying to impress him. 'I want him to walk off thinking 'that Flintoff, he's all right isn't he? I feel privileged to have played against him"
Abdul Qadir: "I was fielding in the covers when Tendulkar came out to bat in his debut Test at Karachi. I still remember Waqar Younis was in peak form at that time. Tendulkar tried to drive Waqar through the covers off his very first ball in Test cricket but was beaten all ends up. But I walked to captain Imran Khan and told him 'this kid looks very good' and Imran agreed with me."
Waqar Younis: "He can play that leg glance with a walking stick also."
Michael Hussey: "Test cricket is bloody hard work, especially when you've got Sachin batting with what looks like a three metre wide bat."
Shane Warne: “I’ll be going to bed having nightmares of Sachin just running down the wicket and belting me back over the head for six. He was unstoppable. I don’t think anyone, apart from Don Bradman, is in the same class as Sachin Tendulkar. He is just an amazing player."
"Sachin Tendulkar is, in my time, the best player without doubt – daylight second, Brian Lara third."
Sir Viv Richards: "I think he is marvellous. I think he will fit in whatever category of Cricket that has been played or will be played, from the first ball that has ever been bowled to the last ball that’s going to be. He can play in any era and at any level. I would say he’s 99.5% perfect."
Allan Donald: “Sachin Tendulkar has often reminded me of a veteran army colonel who has many medals on his chest to show how he has conquered bowlers all over the world.”
Michael Kasprowicz: "Don’t bowl bad balls. He hits the good ones for fours."
Daniel Vettori: "He has been in form longer than some of our guys have been alive."
Barry Richards: "Sachin is cricket’s God."
Glenn McGrath: "The joy he brings to the millions of his countrymen, the grace with which he handles all the adulation and the expectations and his innate humility – all make for a one-in-a-billion individual "
Mark Waugh: "The pressure on me is nothing compared to Sachin Tendulkar. Sachin, like God, must never fail. The crowd always expects him to succeed and it is too much pressure on him. But, he rarely disappoints them."
Gary Kirsten: "Sachin is the greatest role model I’ve ever met."
Graeme Smith: "Tendulkar is a world class player and a great ambassador for the game. As a youngster I watched his games and that’s where all my dreams started. You watch Tendulkar on TV and you think, ‘I want to be like that one day’."
Andrew Symonds wrote on his Australian ODI jersey that he autographed for Sachin: “To Sachin, the man we all want to be.”
Wasim Akram: "Cricketers like Sachin come once in a lifetime and I am privileged he played in my time."
Muttiah Muralitharan: "There will never be another Sachin Tendulkar."
Inzamam-ul Haq: "What has impressed me the most about Tendulkar all these years is his humble and simple nature. I never saw him ever let the fame and adulation he enjoys get to his head."
Steve Waugh after being defeated in the 1998 tri-series final at Sharjah: "It was one of the greatest innings I have ever seen. There is no shame being beaten by such a great player."
Brett Lee: "You might pitch a ball on the off stump and think you have bowled a good ball and he walks across and hits it for two behind midwicket. His bat looks so heavy but he just waves it around like it's a toothpick".
Hanif Mohammed: "I am one of those fortunate people who have seen Bradman and Tendulkar bat in my lifetime and Tendulkar is the best batsman I have seen in my life."
Imran Khan (captain) of Pakistan to Javed Miandad (vice captain) in Sachin's debut test series (1989): "I know that the new ball is due, but I am saving it for that "Chotu" (Sachin) who is coming next."
Umpires
Rudi Koertzen: "I never get tired when Sachin is at the crease."
David Shepherd: "Sachin Tendulkar! If he isn't the best player in the world, I want to see the best player in the world".
Other eminent public and sports personalities
Barack Obama: "I don’t know cricket. I don’t know how Sachin plays. But I still try to watch him playing because I want to know the reason why my country’s economy goes 0.5% down when he is batting."
Martina Navratilova: "Sachin was so focused. He never looked like getting out. He was batting with single-minded devotion. It was truly remarkable. It was a lesson."
Usain Bolt: “For me he (Tendulkar) is one of the greatest cricketers I have seen. He has done extremely well and he is a very aggressive cricketer. I look forward to the day when I can see him play live.”
A placard at the Sydney Cricket Ground: "Commit all your crimes when Sachin is batting. They will go unnoticed because even the Lord is watching"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story behind Yusuf Pathan jersey No. '999'

Rohit Sharma 264 Runs - Report: India vs Sri Lanka, 4th ODI, Eden Gardens, Kolkata

INDIA v PAKISTAN 1ST ODI ᴴᴰ FULL HIGHLIGHTS, CHENNAI, 30 DEC 2012